Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Sumahit and I were talking.......

I knew all this was coming. I agree with the training in the field factor 100%. I LOVE CABLE! I paid my dues, believe me. I started here part time on the phone making didley.

I help people build their business, it is what I do. Lot's of these DAWGS simply want to take it to the next level so they can provide their families with the best they can possibly give. I do not liken them to burger flippers, unfortunately the service category is very broad and I wrote that to illustrate my point.

They are tired, they worked themselves to their limits and cant understand why they are so under-valued. It is because the haves are very judgmental of the have nots.

They want to keep the have nots hungry to feed the beast that is Corporate America. Big Business needs to keep the cost down and profit up. They will bleed you dry of all you can give for the measly compensation provided. They want you too frightened and too poor to take a sick day or vacation.

They start making criteria to exclude those they think are beneath them such as "MUST HAVE BACHLORS DEGREE" in an employment advertisement.

They want only very large primes with lots of capital. This is why some large companies with poor reputations continue to work. That wipes out those with limited financial resources. Who will fund the projects for 120 days?

They use it to define what makes one suitable for each task on the agenda. This serves as a reason for different pay scales. It keeps the little guy from taking work from the good ol boys and those with deep pockets.

No one has it harder than the working Man. He gives his all and has nothing left. He has no time to ask why, he just does. He feels too threatened to push the envelope because he is told he is replaceable. It is not fair in some people eyes and a necessary evil in others.

Adding credentials and education gives him the edge to take it to the next level. A Union will place him in the eye of the storm and he has no recourse of his own. I am simply suggesting another way to solve the problem without waiting around for a group of people to get something done, and without risking your current situation.

We are not here to impress a group, we are here to feed our families and make their lives comfortable. I am sorry again, that some of what I wrote makes it sound like I think you are beneath me, I am a working person myself. I am trying to offer hope.

Anyone here CAN do what I did no matter how old or how limited you are financially.

You said that not everyone who did not go to college did not pay attention in school. I was generalizing as many do. That is what is wrong with the situation we are always discussing. That is what is known as a stereotype I and am not telling you it is right.

Some people had terrible circumstances that made them have to hit the ground running. The reasons for not getting an education are so numerous that I am not even going to attempt to list them.

You are correct in feeling insulted by that remark, and I apologize to those it does not apply to. I hope that helps you all understand why I am trying to suggest we get some sort of certification criteria established in our trade.

Even Duck seems to understand that the need for education is great. It appears to me, that he sees this so clearly, that he is running around trying to create a business of it on his own dime.

It makes you appear more valuable on paper and helps open the doors to take you to the next level. That is undeniable.
This is CABL.com posting #185729. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWtN
Posted in reply to: Re: Sumahit and I were talking....... by PKTOM1
There are 0 replies to this message