Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A question to all members

I'm glad you asked that question Mr Carrey;
Being that i'm a union member, of course i would prefer to see the entire cable industry unionized. Why?
For one the union steward negotiates the contracts and thats before you as a union member pay one dime in union fees!
But even before we get to that; for a union to really take hold in the cable industry, I honestly feel it would have to happen in house first! Why?
Once in house employees are union it'll give prime and sub techs a ton of leverage to becoming unionized and like i said the tech wouldn't pay one thin dime while the union is negotiating their contracts.Why do i feel it would be better off unionized?
Well for one it couldn't be worse than what's going on now, six to seven day work weeks and at min 10hrs a day working to bring home $600 or less in your check. Keep in mind thats just up here in New York area where everything costs an arm and a leg.
Second, You don't like how your being treated or you feel your being treated unfairly guess what? Your not at the mercy of the manager, You can file a grievance with your steward to get it rectified.
Third, No more getting away with hiring illegals to do the work. Being that the entire industry is union only union members can work on the plant and being that illegal immigrants aren't, they would not be able to!
I could go on and on i.e.(official training, 5 day work weeks, certain holidays off (no "CABLE DAWG" should have to work 4th of July if they don't want to!)etc,etc...) but in the end it's just my opinion.
You see:"to get to consensus there must be debate not insults"

This is CABL.com posting #185723. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWtH
Posted in reply to: Re: A question to all members by jimcarrey
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: A question to all members K R ZACK 2/20/2007 10:38:00 PM