Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A question to all members

OK, say you make up this petition. First, before I'd sign anything, I'd want to know what it's going to say. Second, who are you going to present it to? Third, what will I benefit from it?

Say you present it to someone at Comcast. Are you then going to go door-to-door to all the MSO's - TWC, WOW, private MSO's, etc.?

I honestly don't see it going anywhere. All this is is half of an idea - somewhat like a chain mail letter that keeps finding it's way into my inbox. It's also like those emails that say, "Gas is going up. Lets all boycott buying gas on [Insert Day here]." It doesnt work, because less than 5% of people actually do that.

There have been a lot of ideas presented here that sound good on paper, or on the screen, but just wont hold up in real life. And I'll tell you why - this industry is too fouled up - and it's not going to get better any time soon. You have too many fly-by-night companies that will do shotty work, have no QC procedures and when the MSO or Prime if they're a sub and the prime doesn't QC anything - lean on them hard enough, they just bend over and take it. They don't go back to fix anything - nothing gets better - nothing will change - like bushmaster said,

"The MSO's have discovered that underpaid, overworked, and un-skilled installers provide work that is marginal enough to bring the subscribers service, yet shoddy enough so that they may back charge the contractors and get a decent percentage of their installs done gratis."

Like I said, things are just too messed up right now to do anything about it. And, no offense to anyone here, but these guys that up and ask, "How do I get a contract?" have a lot to do with it. They go and try to get a contract, will sign for ridiculously low prices, have shotty work to show for shotty pay, and it's just one more reason for our prices to go down. Because if the quality of work is not there, they're not going to pay more in the hopes it will get better.

Well, I'm done ranting for now, I'll be looking for a lot of un-educated responses and flames to this email. Be my guest, go for it, because like I said nothing will change.

It was then that Caroline remembered her kitchen back in Montana, with a stove that she might or might not have turned off, and so with a heavy sigh, she put down the penguin.
This is CABL.com posting #185593. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWrB
Posted in reply to: A question to all members by sumahit
There are 7 replies to this message
Re: A question to all members Waiting out the Storm 2/19/2007 9:13:00 PM
Re: A question to all members Vagabond 2/19/2007 7:28:00 PM
Re: A question to all members slimhefty 2/19/2007 1:01:00 PM
Re: A question to all members FRACK IT 2/18/2007 8:48:00 PM
Re: A question to all members freeman 2/18/2007 8:05:00 PM
Re: A question to all members sumahit 2/18/2007 7:55:00 PM
Re: A question to all members Trey9007 2/18/2007 7:53:00 PM