Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: wild blue

Well, I can tell you that a WildBlue dealer gets $175 for the install pls a residual comission fee somehow (not sure of the details), so an install can pay anywhere from $75 to $150 with materials provided or not depending on which company you work for. Right now there is a company Keypoint Services which is doing a majority of WildBlue installs but I am not sure what they are paying.

I was certified last spring for WildBlue and it cost $200, but I was getting $150/install with me providing materials until they shut the beam I am in down. Now that WildBlue-1 is almost fully operational I am thinking about getting back into it once again. It's good money if you can get 2 maybe 3 installs a day depending on the difficulty of them. Most installs take about 2-3 hours and can be up to 10 hours depending on the difficulty once again. I think that the longest one I had was 9 hours and it was a heck of a run through the attic and wall drops through a 3 story house to the first floor. $150 for the install, $35 for the attic crawl, and $50/wall for wall drops, Grand Total of $335 for 9 hours and then 2 quick DTV installs. All in all a good day.

So if you are thinking about getting certified for WildBlue, I say go for it. Once you get the hang of peaking the dish just right, you can get 2 maybe 3 done a day and make some good money at it.
This is CABL.com posting #185589. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWrx
Posted in reply to: Re: wild blue by oldschooldbstech
There are 0 replies to this message