Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Has anyone though of a Co-op?

Nicely said, I too have been in this line of work for a while and there are a few things I have learned, first and foremost it is a business, when you buy your tools and bucket, this is an investment in your business, just like a man buying a dump truck to haul gravel, a skill saw to a carpenter and so on, this is what you need in order to make money at your trade, and there's the catch MAKE MONEY AT YOUR TRADE. Again, this is a business, and in order to succeed you must have a concept of business practice, in short you must be a business man. Those are the one's getting rich, they don't look at next week, they look at next year, they spend countless hours researching investments other than their primary trade, and have the b@lls to stretch their neck out there when most would walk a way, they take the chances and most often than not fail but they just keep on going, when you say you made some one rich it's not so much you made them rich, you gave them the opportunity to become rich and they took it from there, say you got them the contract, you got them hooked up on a good project and now they have money spilling out of their pockets but what they did once the opportunity presented it's self is why they made it, some have the gift of gab, salesman ability but if you dig deep it always comes down to Good Business Sense, I do what you do, I go out for a while, make some $$$ and then kick back, I've been in that truck with the doom light on wondering what to do next, but I've also had a lot of time to analyze success, it takes a lot of grit, balls and back bone and it's just not in cable it's in everything out there, you have your parasites out there of course, most successful men I know enjoy having their cronies but at the heart of all strong businesses is one hard working SOB, he has no friends just his family, he'll work himself to death meaning by the time he can step back and enjoy life the accumulated years of constant stress, sleepless nights, 90 hour work weeks and in a lot of cases paranoia will have taken their toll and you are left empty and a lone, when you pass everything you worked for will be vandalized through company and family members, all your accomplishments will vaporize with in weeks, court battles will go on for years, this, is BUSINESS. Now you can make the decision, personally, I like to go out and make enough to support my family, I love time off to fish, hunt, hike or just hang out, I have true friends, I don't do the 11 1/2 weeks out of the year for that 2 weeks off you have to pack everything you've ever wanted to do all year into (Been there, done that) Life is just to fu#king short. enjoy it, enjoy the now, if you have work consider your self a lucky man and do your job to the best of your ability and you will have a happy life, that's how I do business, I'm not out to take on the world I'm just out there to enjoy it, that's all, I came into this with my eyes wide open and have found more often than not that you're where you're at in life because of your own actions, period, so for me I just try to enjoy every minute of life, you're not here that long. just an opinion.
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #185508. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWqe
Posted in reply to: Re: Has anyone though of a Co-op? by davidbickle
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Has anyone though of a Co-op? davidbickle 2/17/2007 2:57:00 PM