Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Has anyone though of a Co-op?

Exactly what I'm saying' TOM but more importantly Mr Bickle, I'm not whining at all. As I recall weren't you the same person saying that all you have to show after 18yrs of doing this is bad knees and a bad back and you don't think for all of that you don't deserve some sort of pension.
All I'm saying is we know the industry is crap for techs right now besides that the companies are making a killing, If you expect the cable industry to turn around while making this amount of money and go "well we lost a lot of techs so let's start paying more is ridiculous"
P.S. ---- I'm NOT A RICH MAN.JUST A SMART ONE THAT'S GETTIN MORE MONEY EVERYDAY!!!
And just for the record I'm not a whiner, just a doer guys. While i was doing cable and sat installs, I did try to get guys talking about becoming organized (with out using any of there money by the way!!!). The same guys that complain about how crappy and how bad things are. All i got when it was time to talk or do anything was lets wait or i changed my mind!!!
So you know what i did i got out !!! So i agree with you on that.
Started working for the comp and by comp i mean the "V". 3 quality of life raises a year. Every major holiday off and 3 weeks vacations a year with pay that increases with my seniority.
So all i have to say to you and farmer or anybody else that has that sit and wait mentality is to go ahead wait I'm sure the cable industry will (out of the kindness of their hearts or out of necessity turn around and start paying you guys more. But maybe it's more like they'll start outsourcing like cablevision is doing with its inbound sales dept or hiring illegals like some of these subs are doing !!
This is CABL.com posting #185484. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWpQ
Posted in reply to: Re: Has anyone though of a Co-op? by davidbickle
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Has anyone though of a Co-op? davidbickle 2/17/2007 11:35:00 AM