Create your free account now! Sign up

Ebay Crooks Heads Up!

I got burned myself on Ebay a few months back on an SDA 5000.
Here is a few things to remember.

Ebay does nothing about theft Period!
If you have a stolen meter and find it being sold on Ebay they will do absolutely nothing PERIOD.
They tell you to take it upon yourself to contact your local law enforcement. Which if the guy selling your stolen meter does not live in the same town as you, your pretty much out of luck.
All you will get from them is a computer generated response.
Know who you are buying from.
Anyone selling a meter on ebay is going to have a charger to go along with it, those with out be very careful as it's most likely stolen.
Check the feedback. Some have feedback of over 100 positive and no negative. If you check those items they sold or purchased could only be worth a few cents.
Overseas sellers beware again as you have no recourse.
It does not matter how you pay for the item. Of course don't ever send Money Orders, Western Union and the like.
I wire transfered money to a US bank account with all of the mans banking info and still got burned.
The bank will not hold or stop payment. I contacted the Feds and by the time they got around to dealing with it, the account was closed.
I was later informed this type of scam starts in Europe, usually involves high end electronics, but could be other things.
Pay Pal is a joke. Yeah they will guarantee only up to a few Hundred dollars and does nothing if your out thousands.
Just a heads up Beware!
This is CABL.com posting #185126. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWj4
Posted in reply to: Beware! Bogus Meter Salesman In Here by The Bucket Man
There are 0 replies to this message