Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: One more thing!

I used to get $100 for primestars....true I was looking at all of my receipts from DOW and just the RG-6 has gone from $29.99 to $44.00 with-in less than a year. I guess that it will keep going up and up...When I started installing DTV in '94 I was getting $100 a single, singles were all that were being installed @ $3,000 a pop. It is sad pay these days with all the expenses going up, but if I keep the work-load that I have been getting lately I will do o.k. I probably spend $150 a week on drop material, another $150 to $200 on gas. My insurance is less than $500 a year , so that doesn't even effect me really. If you spend $300 to work a week, you should get a return of like $1,500, which is not as bad as working in a factory somewhere. I love the satellite business but some of you guys have driven the price down the bottom. And you know who you are. The contractor for the HSP in Memphis pays about $10 more on a four box but you supply equipment. The HSP techs get all of the drop material furnished and their gas is paid for. Seems stupid not to work for the HSP doesn't it. If you work for $50/10 you are part of the problem..Sure everyone has to eat , but some of you need to grow a pair and stand up to these guys. A contractor for DTV is there to make money off from the techs...Running an office with people on the pay-roll who don't do a damned thing but route work and take phone calls from techs that don't know what they are doing, that would be a gift ..How bout you guys try doing some of those installs. You would see a greater return of profit...If you have 10 chiefs and 20 indians, something is wrong.
This is CABL.com posting #184517. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWaf
Posted in reply to: Re: One more thing! by satman0001
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: One more thing! Gwester843 2/2/2007 10:06:00 AM