Create your free account now! Sign up

can I share this with you guys ?

My band does the vietnahm vets family reunion show every year, at the El dorado lake in El dorado KS. every july 16t on my birthday. This is a something we do free of charge to show our support and say thank you to the vietnam vets.
And when I see all the brothers in the crowed, I noticed something this past year. Not just the fact that the vietnam vets are falleing off more and more,There were soldiers from the war in Iraq there. Missing limbs, burnt up, All with that look. You know the look. Holding their head down.
These are young men and women and people just forgot about them already. They like the vietnahm vet didn't come home to a parade and have all the fancy cerimonies. These were kids bro.
I don't want them there any more than the next guy. In my oppinion I think fonda and her cohorts will only create mixed emotions in people about our troops. I already witnessed it this past july. It made me angry and sick as hell. The only thing that they got was the support of the vets that week. So when I started my show we shouted out to them and the light in their eyes to be recognized and to hear someone say thank you, Bro, It made them smile. Even if it was only for that hour on stage those two days. It brought them back some respect the have yet to recieve from the public thus far. If even for a little while.
Now I'm not a big man, And I may not be the strongest man in the world. But I'll tell you this much, It took every bit of energy to hold back the tears after listening to their stories after the show. And to think, they felt they owed me a thank you for the show.
When in fact it is all of us who owe them.
now with that said bro, I can not and will not support anything that will further hurt these young men and women who defend the rights of our country so that people can talk **** on them !!!!!!!!!!
This is CABL.com posting #184179. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mV4N
Posted in reply to: Re: The BIT*H is back by sumahit
There are 0 replies to this message