Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Open question to all

Definitely more regulation. The airlines were deregulated in the 70's and look what has happened to most of them. They had to endure the emergence of smaller airlines which eventually lead to anti-competitive practices and price wars that drove most of the major airlines into bankruptcy. I can't remember how many times they have declared bankruptcy and were later bailed out by the feds. They were in bad shape before September 11th. It was just the straw that broke most of their backs again.

The government needs to nationalize the telecommunications industry without interfering with our first amendment right. This would help bring down the cost to the consumer, improve the quality of service, and ensure that workers are paid fair prices and on time.

The current situation of most cable companies is a joke. I can get all my local broadcast channels in perfect clarity for free with an antenna. Or I can pay $20 a month for the same basic level of programming with the same commercials I watch for free. Why would I do such a thing? Most of the time you pay extra for a service they remove all the advertisments.
This is CABL.com posting #184149. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mV4j
Posted in reply to: Open question to all by sumahit
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Open question to all csecomm 1/29/2007 6:06:00 PM