Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Setting up a HITS dish/Rcvr

Do you mean rural farm development channel? I've had some requests for that here unfortunantly all bandwidth available is used up meaning a rebuild is in order this summer.
The small dish is not that hard as stated just make sure mast is plumb punch in your zip code and it'll give you co-ordinates to get you in the neighborhood. You can also(this is what I done) convert a C-Band dish to ku simply buy calling patriot and buying a retro kit (bout $300) including lnb. Alot of over the air channels are also transmitting ku and this may solve some picture issues for you in this area also. I bought a birddog meter awhile back and was not too impressed with it,I was basically tuned into the bird before it found the signal so at that point I didnt need it may help others though. You'll get much better signal retro'ing a big c-band dish than you will using one of the small ku dishes dont want to fight rain fade do you? Understanding how to read a compass will help you a great deal in hunting that bird.Good luck.
This is CABL.com posting #183681. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVWL
Posted in reply to: Setting up a HITS dish/Rcvr by Splicer Life 4me
There are 0 replies to this message