Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Setting up a HITS dish/Rcvr

I believe the HSP method is to lag the mounting bracket sans sealant to a flat roof, point it for about a 50 signal, and pitch the wire through the window. Or was that the MSP way.

For a Dishnet or DTV dish, you need to install the mounting bracket in such a way that the mast is plumb in all directions. Failure to do so will mean your settings will be wrong and it'll be a PITA to find the satellite. I assume you don't regularly do dishes and probably don't have the meters for the satellite. If that's the case, then get out a two-way radio and use the receiver's point dish screen to lock in the satellite. 70 is passing, but try to get as much as you can to decrease the possibility of rain fade and subsequent downtime. A larger dish might also be a good idea since you're retransmitting.

As for the actual mounting of the dish, if you have a flat roof you can get a non-pen roof mount and use a few cinder blocks to hold it down. How many depends on windspeeds in your area. Too many is not a bad thing.

Use good RG6 with a solid copper center conductor. Install a ground on the mast such as #10 copper or #17 CCS. Ground the coax with #10 copper.
This is CABL.com posting #183667. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVWx
Posted in reply to: Setting up a HITS dish/Rcvr by Splicer Life 4me
There are 0 replies to this message