Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bush disgraced, Border agents sent to prison t

Typical government action! I spent 21 months in federal prison for selling a gun at a yard sale (which is perfectly legal). I sold a Smith & Wesson 44 mag at a yard sale and some years later a guy selling cocaine was arrested. When his home was searched the 44 was found in a safe in the home. I was the original purchaser of the firearm, thus it was still registered to me. I was charged with "Illegal Transfer of a Firearm in Furtherance of a Drug Trafficking Crime" even though I was NEVER conected in any fashion,shape, or form with the drug trafficking activity.

I was looking at a 60 month sentence unless I agreed to a plea bargin of a 27 month sentence, wich with half-way house time and good time netted me 21 months in a federal prison (a camp). Several lawyers advised me to take the plea bargin since there was virtually NO way to win the case the way the federal laws are wrote.

These guys will do their time in a "camp" and their lives will not be at risk. The "camp" setting is actually quite laid back and there isn't even a fence around the place. Basically you are dropped off at the "camp" after several months in transit (flying around the country on Con-Air, rideing on buses, laying over in hold-over facilities). Being in transit is a Bitch ! You spend time in rat infested federal hold-over facilities, time in regional jails, shackled and cuffed every time you're transported, but once you get to a camp it's gravey time.

I was at FCI Morgantown, WV and we had a 400 seat movie theatre, a huge rec area, weight lifting stuff, pool tables, ice machines, microwaves in the houseing units. Ping pong tables, stairmasters, rowing machines, etc. in the rec hall. A complete library and a legal library. I was free to roam the "compound" from 5:30am until 10pm each day.

My family suffered, I really didn't at all! It's too bad these guys got a rap on this situation, but you don't realize that there are literally thousands of people incarcerated by OUR government whose stories are not much different than these two guys! You never hear about that in the news though do you?

These guys will be fine, sure their families will suffer, but they'll make it out alive and will be pretty good card players when the are released.
This is CABL.com posting #183347. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVRn
Posted in reply to: Bush disgraced, Border agents sent to prison today by oldschooldbstech
There are 0 replies to this message