Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Happy Holiday everyone

As a member of the evil racists, I don't take offense at this holiday. I am bothered by the fact that we had to give up Lincoln Day and Washington Day to make room for MLK Day. We now have MLK Day and President's Day. So now instead of recognizing individually the accomplishments of either Washington or Lincoln and using their respective holidays as an appropriate time to educate our children in school about past great leaders of this nation we use Presidents' Day to teach about the Presidency. Presidents' Day also includes recognition of all Presidents, including such as GW Bush, Nixon, or Hoover in the same group as Washington, Adams, etc.

To me, it's just social engineering. The Civil Rights movement is not something we see in my family as being a benefit to our nation. I know this bothers many of you, but we still have a right to our own opinions. Each year we send a letter to our childrens' teachers asking them to excuse my children from teachings about MLK, the Civil Rights Movement, or Black History Month. The concept of all individuals being equal no matter what is a Communist ideal and one I reject.
This is CABL.com posting #183168. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVOu
Posted in reply to: Happy Holiday everyone by oldschooldbstech
There are 0 replies to this message