Create your free account now! Sign up

Design Engineer WHITFIELD speaks to the Industry

After reading all the replys to and about this and other atrocities , I've got some thoughts on prevention of these events. I'm not an installer per say , although I have done installs on the Island of Bermuda . If you were doing an install that was not a prewire of a new structure and you had something hid behind the wall how would you locate it(confused) This is what I would do. (idea)I'm sharing this at no cost to anyone , just as I redesigned the Motorola , Mini bridger , and posted it here at no cost to Motorola, this is at no cost for my design engineering as I realise I have already lost brothers , whom I didn't know . To locate power you could use an advanceed amperage gauge that doesn't have to make direct contact with the wire to read amperage , thus finding the wire as it passes through the wall , studs , etc . A second way in which you could do this , would increase the cost of an install and would require a licensed electrician to preform it . You remove the Breaker box panel , you will be using a cable hound locator and a voltage blocker , similar to the voltage blocker we use before the splitter on our SDA 50000 , clip one lead to the circuit wire in the breaker or to the neutral bar in the breaker box with the voltage blocker . Then attach the ground to ground . move the hound across the wall just like we do to locate cable in the ground . Problem solved , use sticky highlighter dots to mark the locate on the wall . Now for gas , You will always have a gas meter and an imput pipe entering the house , same senario as power , connect to the imput gas line to the locate lead , put a screwdriver in the ground with the ground wire attached , this would allow a completed circuit to allow you to use the hound to locate the lines in the wall . You might say ,that won't work , its ground to ground , ok if that be the case , (I don't know because Duck has never tried it and this is only the thought process that allows the design and redesign to occur to begin with ), We will invent a hound that can operate under ground to ground conditions . one thing about the Duck ,and all my children and x will tell you this , I don't believe in the word can't , anybody can do anything , If they think they cant do it, that means "You wont even try " thus your defeated before you start , I have a sign on the window my truck , its was given to me by a girlfriend I canned after my seperation from my x , its a set of eyeballs and the caption reads "Doesn't Play Well with Others" on the top , on the bottom it reads , " Seems Others have a Problem with Losing" , the Only Thing that would Make Duck Quit is Death , and I have no plans for that . To Ron at TWC do I still give you the willies as you once stared here , you judged a book by its cover so to speak , Ron I'll be in Concord in Febuary, too the next CP&L auction , I'm coming by Time Warner to see You , just to shake you hand so you can meet the man thats going to change the industry and possibly the World as Duck has a Plan for that also . Thanks for reading everbody .
(usa) "WHITFIELD"(sunny)
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #182990. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVLC
Posted in reply to: Teo Killed After Cable Tech Hits Gas Line by Dreamer
There is 1 reply to this message