Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Speech compare to recent history.

I am afraid that many of my fellow have little or no clue about our recent history. For perspective how long would you guess that we left troops to stabilize the governments of Germany and Japan after we overthrew their military and governments?

Think about it before you answer!

The question is FOREVER! We still have multiple military installations in both Japan and Germany, (also Korea).

Whether you like it or not and whether you agree for the reasons we went or not, we are there. Like I learned in a 2nd hand shop, "You break it you bye!, You break it you bye!" We have broke and now we are responsible for it.

I know the uninformed mass of people will say it is just like Vietnam, but when we pulled out of Vietnam and it fell into utter ruin, what did it hurt us? Nothing But if we cut and run in Iraq, I promise we will be paying $10/gal of gas and $700+/month for electric bills. (and of course the cable pay scale will still go down)

I don't like the idea of our men and women dying over there any more than you do. But for perspective we lost 390+ men per day for over 4 years in WWII, that means that we lost 3 times as many soldiers per month than we have lost in 3 years. That does not make it any easier for their friends and loved ones (like you Duck), but that is the risk that some must take to keep us free.

And yes if Iran takes control of the Persian Gulf and the majority of the Mideast's oil fields, you can bet what I said will happen within one year and they will start to target our homeland. Then the draft will be re-instated.

God Bless Our President and Our Troops, and pray for HIS mercy and watch over our nation.(clap)(snipper)
This is CABL.com posting #182952. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVK0
Posted in reply to: The Speach by K R ZACK
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The Speech compare to recent history. K R ZACK 1/11/2007 10:46:00 PM