Create your free account now! Sign up

Eafb

I live near Edwards AFB and Lockheed is 4 miles to the East of my house. They used to make Stealth Bombers here and keep several around the area. I have seen the Space Shuttle come in piggy back to Edwards, then moved to a bay at Lockheed and removed with a crane that the plane parks underneath of.

There is a dirt lot at the end of Lockheed's runway where people park to watch all sorts of planes come in out out of testing on. They have had The Eye in The Sky here, all kinds of fighters, you name it!

It is not uncommon to feel sonic booms in the house and we all are very used to it. Stealth Bombers are in the air pretty much weekly out here. You can see them and hear them well being this is where they take off and land a lot.

Many Pilots live in and around the neighborhood. My Husband and I know several of these Men AND Women. Chuck Yeager hails from the area, and at one time, could be found every weekend at a cafe I used to have breakfast at all the time.

Our local Barbershop is covered with autographed pictures of various Military aircrafts and you can easily converse with the pilots while getting your haircut almost any weekend. Our garage is covered with the same autographed pictures which we collected from our customers when we co-owned the local lube shop on our main street.

It is an air enthusiast wet dream! My Husband loves anything and everything that has to do with Military planes. His late father was part of a group called he Motor Mafia, who worked on planes during and after The Vietnam War out here.

Sorry to ramble.....you would have to be here, I guess. I am just a nerd is all.

Peace,
Gal
This is CABL.com posting #182906. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVKg
Posted in reply to: Re: air force one by Wolf1
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Eafb deleted 1/15/2007 12:22:00 PM
Re: Eafb Maveron 1/11/2007 4:37:00 PM