Create your free account now! Sign up

Halsted nonpayment

I hate to burn bridges, but I feel compelled to enlighten other techs in New York State who may consider working for Halsted/MobilPro. DON'T! They find every unfair reason to backcharge you. For example, if a customer signs a statement requesting no phone lines, or if they have no land-based phone line, Halsted will STILL backcharge you for every nonresponder. Worse yet, if you hook up 5 out of 10 phone lines, since you're over 40 percent nonresponders, you will get backcharged for ALL TEN! That's just the tip of the iceberg, though. A colleague and I recently quit, and they are yet to send a final payment, and it's been more than two months. In all, the company owes us more than $1,000, and is nonresponsive to all of our phone calls and e-mails.
Well, it's time to get ugly, and I will contact the state Attorney General's office, small claim's court, and find a way to contact the president of DirecTV. I'm fairly certain that will get this company's attention.
Anyway, this is a story of just two men's plight dealing with Halsed in upstate New York. I have reason to believe, though, that this is not the exception, rather the rule. Installer beware!
This is CABL.com posting #182176. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVyu
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Halsted nonpayment pabinc 3/21/2007 3:57:00 PM
Re: Halsted nonpayment cablerite 1/3/2007 2:18:00 AM