Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: So why are thier no new Chevy bucket trucks??

I hear you , I don't hate Chevy or Ford , they both manufacture Lemons from time to time . I know for fact the 6.0 ltr. Ford Desiel is having problems . I was driving a rental unit with 6000 miles on it and it developed a crack in the egr cooler , which is an internal engine component , it allowed antifreeze to be blown out the exhaust thus depleting coolent in the engines circulating system allowing the core tempt of the engine to rise above the manufactures suggested levels . International better get these design flaws corrected before they loose the Ford Contract . I'm not putting down powerstroke , but they do have some serious issues that need to be corrected and not passed on to the consumer after the warrenty runs out . I read where the gentleman made reference to transmissions being faulty . Let me make this statement , the E4od , Ford and The Allison Automatic are both good trannys , but they are goverened by operating tempts and poor maintence , You must change your fluid and filters like religion , if your pulling heavy loads you need a hard tempt gauge on your tranny pan to monitor the operating tempt of your fluid . Common sense , if you motor runs hot so does you trans , fluid breakdown causes unbelievable excessive wear . Don't hesisatate to add a seperate trans cooler to your system if your using the trruck under extreme conditions . Back to the originall Question , if you need info on different manufactures of certain specific products you can find that info . at ww.cableyellowpages.com . I hope this helps.
"WHITFIELD"
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #182134. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVxO
Posted in reply to: So why are thier no new Chevy bucket trucks?? by Victor
There are 0 replies to this message