Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What's with Dish 129 ?

Receivers that are made in India, coupled with a bird that is crippled and a dish that doesn't have real good sturdiness around the skew bolts. That last point irritates me the most. I can flex a dish out of tolerance real easy because with a skew of 128, there should be 4 bolts to lock the skew in place.

I'm shocked to hear that you are getting 99% on the 129 with a birdog. I can hit 100% on 119 or 110, but 129 only ever maxes out on the dog with about a 70% found. On the receiver, it shows a range of 72-80. I just chocked it up to them parking the crippled Echostar 5 over there instead of a fully functional satellite.

I haven't had return issues for anything other than failed receivers. Even if its next-day, we still get paid on those. We don't eat return trips for their crappy Made In India products. If you're hitting 99%, and using spec parts, then I don't blame you for the return trips, likely just equipment. But I would never know unless I rolled the re-trip.

129 sucks for now. Just like every new thing DISH releases. I prefer doing DISH over DirecTV, but damn those engineers are some real hucksters.
This is CABL.com posting #181777. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVr3
Posted in reply to: What's with Dish 129 ? by Beatnik
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: What's with Dish 129 ? Beatnik 12/28/2006 9:00:00 PM