Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 180 Connect ****ed up on this one u got to rea

Well,  this will piss off a punch of people - it is what I do. I know alot about this subject. Alot about human behaviour / long term effects of oppression upon people of  races/sexes.  It is also what I do.  I find human disfuntions quite intresting. I went to school for it. (Going back for my Master's)

Taken from that article:

The workers at the cable TV installation company filed a complaint with the federal government last week, saying a noose hung in the workplace promoted an atmosphere of racism and bigotry against black workers.

"I took it really kind of bad, because it doesn't make sense for me to come to work to see a noose hanging there everyday when the only thing it reminds me of is what was happening during slavery."

James Jackson, an employee at 180 Connect, spoke to WNBC's Perri Peltz about seeing the noose. He said the only time he ever saw one prior to that was in history books.

He said he thought that chapter of history was long over, and was shocked to see the noose hanging from the ceiling after his boss put it there, he said.   (James, should hopefully be reading - he should read on and understand that hangings happen all the time.)

I haven't worked in that office, I don't know what the enviroment is like there. Probably most here don't.  I just know when I think of a noose I hardly think of the defunct US version of slavery.  Well, not the "popular term" of slavery of Africans brought to the US from Africa and forced to do all kinds they had no choice in. (Just like slavery is not just a black thing - there are slaves of every color and getting the same treatment all across the word - RIGHT NOW. Hanging wasn't invented in the US and compared to the rest of the world - we are quite tame. It has been around for quite sometime. Read up on it.   I wouldn't have been offended by seeing a noose.  I could have had every right to be based upon my ancestry - though I kinda know I can't fight for my dead and very past relatives or anyone elses.  Shi*t, for all I know they had it commin'. <-----Someone will probably find offense in that previous statement I made. To something that is true (you have people in your family you cannot stand -everyone does.)  The country as a collective whole have all pretty much grown up.  I find it offensive we still don't hang people who commit deadly crimes.  Well,  it is still legal in Washington and New Hampshire !!

Be it a goof or truth, go outside - and kick the sh*t out of them - let them know it is wrong - go back inside - go to work. I remember the days when a good boxing match would take care of things. Then everything would be back to the books.

Seeing the world clearly does have its disadvantages - you are thought to be nuts by the close-minded.

This is CABL.com posting #181705. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVqT
Posted in reply to: 180 Connect ****ed up on this one u got to read by jaym812
There is 1 reply to this message