Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: legality/respect for cones

Where the buck stops, Ha,

Thats the problem with installation techs of today they don't know what that means in "CABLE TV or SATELLITE" sub contracting. The training programs are terrible in most contracting companies.

Subcontractor=tech), & Contractor=Prime) or contractor of a prime with contractor rates. sub of a contractor to subs rates don't work.

I still blame the contractor for all the hacks, they are suppose to train these techs & follow up on jobs they install (but they don't) not all but like it use to be, you give an QC, inspector 1 job in a sector along with an inspection job to QC. If a contracting MGR knew how to finagle this task we wouldn't be in this mess today. But the MGR's not trained rite either in most cases. A tech has to be molded into a tech, you can't just say heres a route, go hook them up.

So basically the sub contractor (us) still suffers from the ignorance of the contractor.

Some of these contractors are so blind as to their responsibilities its amazing. And they just continue the cycle over & over again (bad training bad tech=hack). (nono) IMHO.

I think all techs should be held to a strict enforcement policy, then they will have started in a company that shows first hand that you do rite' or you got troubles with your income, I don't mean start backcharging that day but let them know that the first 5 or so incomplete or not completed rite orders are freebies but hey after that were going to start yanking that loot, you're trying to make. & let them know in no uncertain terms that they are messing up, post the pictures on a bulletin board in the hall way of the "sub station, tech warehouse" LOL. and if they still don't comply fire them before you have to take all their money. but contractors won't they say its to hard to find techs. I know this is true but you can't let techs think QC is lax, they will walk all over it every time & laugh while their doing it, seen it many times.

Good luck & Merry Christmas.

This is CABL.com posting #181637. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVpN
Posted in reply to: Re: legality/respect for cones by lostintx
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: legality/respect for cones bushmaster 12/25/2006 3:09:00 PM