Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 180 Connect ****ed up on this one u got to rea

greetings,

they used to hang horse thieves, also.  if I steal horses today should I assume this noose is implying that I should be hung as well?  Some countries hang drunk drivers.  If the person who placed this noose is of that particular nationality and I am guilty of drunk driving I guess this noose has been placed to intimidate  me, a direct threat against  my behavior and existence. 

I haven't said any of this to antagonize or ridicule.  I hope we can come to a more mature and comprehensive understanding of people in our society who wish to exploit others guilt (warranted, or imaginary) by being over-sensitive and too self-concious believing anything and everything happening around them must be directed at them.

I hope the majority of us 'adults' here can agree prejudices against any and all people is not only the symptom of a fearful individual but is also damaging to all forward movement anywhere in the world by polarizing diversity.  For those of you who believe you may suffer from immature behavior would do yourself, and the rest of the world, a large favor by realizing that all behavior exhibited by other individuals informs us only about the individual choosing to relate in that manner , it says nothing  about the person their antics were directed toward, only the targeted persons re-action  will speak of who they are.

While I hope, again, the majority of us are above this behavior, I wish more strongly that we do not attempt to resolve these problems in a forum where nothing is ever really solved, the courts.  It is in the streets, the homes, and everywhere people are together sharing conversation, that we can beat out the ugly fears that being human in a 'civilized' society creates.  Being different does not mean one is right and the other must be wrong, do what is right for you and try not to be threatened by diversity, it is a strength when welcomed and a weakness when feared...and sometimes we are a silly, silly people trying to act tough when we really are afraid.

later, PeterGunn

Where there are no alternatives, there is no problem...Petergunn Lookstwice-2001.
This is CABL.com posting #181595. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVo7
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: 180 Connect ****ed up on this one u got to rea Dcableservices 12/24/2006 4:33:00 PM