Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: legality/respect for cones

I definitely do not want to seem arrogant,but where is the training for theses guys? We are required by our clients, insurances, and OSHA to train our people on safety and best practices. It does not take much time at all to do this. There are many resources on the Internet.

I recently had the surprises and pleasure to meet with the spokesperson at Southern California Edison. He even had a booth set up at an SCTE show. I am the safety officer at my company so I was very interested in what he had to say. Believe it or not, he had sent me a bunch of posters for the shop, and materials for the guys on working with both Aerial and Underground Plant. I received all of this a couple of weeks before meeting this guy.

It breaks my heart when bickering is the cause of a question like the one lostintexas placed. He should not have to ask. He should know. And when we answer, it should be a very universal response per task. Of coarse, not every situation is exactly the same, but guys should feel that they have the support of the company they work for to help with a solution.

All WE have to do is fallow the rules in our contract by having regular safety and best practice meetings. Start with something like ladder safety and go from there. Have a 10-15 minuet tailgate before everyone leaves at least once a month. Print out something for them to keep with the polices and procedures for each task/topic discussed and give it to them. They may not all pay attention like you hope they will, bu they will look at the paper you gave them later on when they are doing their thing. I know, because guys have told me it helps.

There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people.
Be safe, and make it home to your loved ones.....they are the reason we all do this. And from what some of you have said this job is not worth dying for. Contractors...one little incident could destroy your business and reputation forever.
Gal
This is CABL.com posting #181343. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVk3
Posted in reply to: Re: legality/respect for cones by bushmaster
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: legality/respect for cones commquest 12/21/2006 12:36:00 AM
Re: legality/respect for cones okcable 12/20/2006 7:13:00 PM