Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 2 tv's from 1 reciever

i second that one. i do the install start to finish and i don't care who you are, if the customer has a problem with me not doing the install because they aren't there that's fine we can reschedule or all that money they spent on wiring for ONE PROVIDER (how stupid is that, especially when THAT provider will change eq and thus wiring requirements next month or year) can go to waste. i tell the the "a/v guy" that he's not my customer and i'm not prepared to deal with a reinstall because his call wasn't the one the sub would have made. now if i've wasted my time to get to an install and they have one tv and a computer set up in the closet next to the panel (i've had this happen doing catv installs) then that's fine, i notate the workorder and do the job on the incoming lead only, with sat, where i'm responsible for the job for 12 months you can blow me, it doesn't happen. but if he's authorized to do the install from the provider or it's purchased eq and self install let him do it. must be nice.

again, i'm on both sides of this one, if you butcher a good structured wiring scheme because you don't have an acceptable wire mapper or the time to try by error the lines you need to get out before yoiu screw up another install of mine that should have taken an hour and will now take 2.

if you are the dumbass that wired one homerun, no dummies, and 36 leads, to an interior panel, on the first floor, then go to hell and don't ever speak of who you are in my presence or there's going to be trouble.

i guess in the end it's about getting YOUR job done, doing what you can not to screw the next guy, and keeping your ego in check.

that last part is the hard one, the rest is just your job.
This is CABL.com posting #181260. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVjI
Posted in reply to: Re: 2 tv's from 1 reciever by KAKUMASTER
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: 2 tv's from 1 reciever bushmaster 12/19/2006 6:29:00 AM