Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 2 tv's from 1 reciever

i agree to an extent, the structured wiring is a dream come true if set up properly, but it seems that when the price of copper went up the prewire guys got cheap or stupid and stopped leaving dummy lines from the panel to the attic .......there should be a minimum of four lines that go nowhere but from the panel to the attic especially if the panel is going to be located on the first floor in an interior closet. it frequently is neccessary to splice in the attic either to get the third wire from a dish 1000 system to the panel for swithces, or to get one up from the panel for the tv that "JUST HAS TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM"

you know, when the customer just can't imagine why the outlet was put "over there" for god's sake an extra 200' of rg 6 doesn't cost that much compared to what the homeowner is paying for that structured wiring. the average cost of the homes i'm working on (that have structured wiring) is upwards of $400,000, and are almost exclusively multi-story with the panel on an interior wall in a closet on the first floor. really what i'd like to see is 4 leads to power and an extra 4 from the attic to the panel, yes that adds to your cost, but a lot of the homes use sat and cable at the same time, especially for hsd, in order to truely leave that panel intact scalablitly must be factored at the beginning.

but yes i do agree that nothing irritates me more than a needlessly butchered structured wiring scheme
This is CABL.com posting #180844. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVc0
Posted in reply to: Re: 2 tv's from 1 reciever by prewiretech
There are 0 replies to this message