Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Diplexing?!?!

you should really look at swapping them, think about this.........a customer's service no longer works correctly.......their service provider sends them 3 new boxes rather than charge the customer for a service call, the customer gets pissed and goes back to cable, meantime, a diplexor had gone bad and caused all the problems, it's going to be a big issue with dish network very soon if it isn't already since their standard install pretty much demands a diplexor in most cases and diplexors (like all sat hardware are cheap).

don't get me wrong, i prefer doing dish (although cable is easier), but when you only have 2 providers and contractors are allowed (not really, but qc is looser) to choose what eq they use (that means what they buy) you can expect NOT to find the best leftovers on a scavenger hunt. i know i've posted too many times on this subject, but i was AGHAST at how cheap sat eq was after starting in cable. the systems really seem like toys as opposed to sophisticated communications equipment. i can't ever remember having a bad splitter out of the box, but like i said the best diplexors i ever found had a 5% fail rate.
This is CABL.com posting #180777. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVbV
Posted in reply to: Re: Diplexing?!?! by sbwhite0
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Diplexing?!?! rficken00 12/12/2006 7:53:00 PM