Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Illegal Alien kills Marine on leave from Iraq!

THats not an attack, its the truth. Although, I try my best to see things from the eyes of those who live near the border. But youre right, we will never be able to totally relate.

But you guys down there must also understand that you can run a route here in CHicago and not 1 of your customers will speak English. Thats not uncommon. And its not isolated to just 1 small area, and its not all spanish speaking people. Chicago is very segregated. We have very large neighborhoods, and they all usually have 1 ethnic group in them. Many families here still speak their native tongue. Not only do we have literature in spanish, we also have them in Sloviec and Polish also. Hell, we even have a polish holiday in Chicago (Pulaski Day).

I have never been one to think that because a household speaks little english they are illegals. Here, it is possible for a person to work, live, play, and pray in their neighborhood and they can do all these things while speaking in their native tongue. Im sure many of these people may not be hear legaly. But here I think we know that being a tax paying citizen with the right to vote, organize, and file complaints is our biggest power, and know this power is effective if used. We understand illegals are a threat, but we also understand that as Americans we have the ability to minimize their ill effects.

I cant really imagine companys here openly using illegals in mass numbers, we would shut the city down with strikes, protests, and boycotts before we let that happen. Chicago has a strong union presence and the people here have strong union values meaning we will stick together, ask Walmart. It is because of this I dont think we would ever see some of the things you guys see, even if Mexico was next door. If we can battle a wealthy powerhouse like Walmart, I dont think we would have any problems with a bunch of people who have no rights and speak no english.
This is CABL.com posting #180366. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mU5i
Posted in reply to: Re: Illegal Alien kills Marine on leave from Iraq! by lostintx
There are 0 replies to this message