Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: True Lineman

I agree with you there, Toast. I learned to climb and do line work in Upstate New York. Nothing like walking to the strand up a snow drift. 10 degrees with a wind chill of about -30. Some of the ice storms we got would bring everything down. Had to beat the pole with your bell wrench to get the ice off before you could gaff it. Fingers would go numb in about a minute. You start your truck at 5am and don't shut it off till 8 or 9pm.

Back then I was a 18 year old pup. I learned from an old dog that taught me to get the job done however you could. I've always remembered those words these past 30 years.

Granted, I live in Southern California now, I still live by them.

As for lostintx's comment, Linemen don't splice. We're the ones that make that possible. We're the first ones on the stick so others can do there work. I've met alot of guys that call themselves Linemen, But couldn't hold a match to someone that's been doing it for years. These youngsters, don't know a hard day's work. Give em a bucket truck and they still whine and complain about it being hard.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Remember, " DOGS RULE, PUPS DRULE."

(usa) Wolf (smokin)
This is CABL.com posting #180353. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mU45
Posted in reply to: Re: True Lineman by Toast
There are 0 replies to this message