Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Apt. Install's

i tend to agree with that, as far as i'm concerned the apartments either need to provid some sort of prewiring for their tenants or have the legal right to refuse sats on premises. in cable i think i have added a/o's to maybe 3 apartments ever, and it was strictly back to back with a splitter in the wall, but my dish contract acted like i was slacking for walking away from jobs facing north where someone else had bent some crazy a$$ 20' pole 3 times and put it in a bucket of concrete to get los....."well THEY had los!" to hell with that. apartments are the biggest pains in the A$$ known to man when it comes to sat, and as far as i'm concerned in house should be the one's doing them, but i talked to a lot of guys from a lot of shops around dallas, and it seemed that their was a rotating shift of apt heavy weeks going from shop to shop. and flatwire isn't just crap, it's a fire hazard, i can't tell you have many trouble calls i rolled where the flatwire was run through a doorway and when the wires crimped and the insulation wore the outer jacket burned......i was told that dish forbade flatwire for a time because an apt building burned to the ground, but seems they lost more in completion that a few tenants 3 rooms could cost them......go figure.
This is CABL.com posting #180193. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mU2v
Posted in reply to: Re: Apt. Install's by vegassatellite
There are 0 replies to this message