Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: motorhome

Member Uploaded Image

This Pic was taken on Monday in Vernonia, OR after we got about 4 inches on Sunday night then about another 5 on Monday (The same storm that was on Monday night football)

This is my 2nd RV the first one was $8750 and I bought it to go from Louisiana to Oregon to do a nine month contract, that included an extra grand per month for hotels stays. When I returned to Louisiana I sold it for $8250 which was cash in my pocket. Also when gas was $2/gal I figured out that it was cheaper for me to tow my RV back south than to sell it in the NW and pay for hotels on the way home. (I travel with my wife and two kids so the typical $25/night flea bag-cable shack hotel is not an options)

Also consider the hard time finding hotels and apartments in areas after storm damage. Last year after Wilma the hotels were $550/wk, then $750, as winter drew on and the snow birds showed up. You can usually find an RV park for around $400-500/month with electric and water included, Plus you can normally find a free wireless internet in the park on an unsecured network (just like the one I am on now)(wink)

In my opinion it is the only way to travel and work, also you know where you are sleeping every night, on a good mattress and your own stuff around.
This is CABL.com posting #180059. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mU0l
Posted in reply to: motorhome by tvland
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: motorhome glenn 11/29/2006 10:29:00 PM