Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: upcoming digital Tv

as i understand things it is part of the "lifeline cable" provision in the law. basically cable co's must provide an analog signal that provides at a minimum the local channels for weather and emergencies. in practice i am beginning to think that it will also include some channels to whet the appetites of the public. my cousin in VA told me that his basic package only includes 4 channels, while in my system in dallas basic is 27 channels, but that is roughly the amount of local channels in each of our markets, however the channel lineup where i am at dictates a few channels that we would call expanded basic since trapping stops channels above 27.........although you could still get hbo, showtime, cinemax, and tmc in that range without needing to go above lifeline plus paying for the premiums.......like i said, as i understand things this is the law..........if you pay attention to the new tv's being sold they have built in QAM tuners as well as ntsc and atsc..........anyone that knows better please tell me.
This is CABL.com posting #179945. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUYv
Posted in reply to: Re: upcoming digital Tv by vegassatellite
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: upcoming digital Tv Splicer Life 4me 11/27/2006 9:41:00 PM