Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Where's The Experience Anymore

I agree, its not unfair. But it is totally irresponsible business, and its a practice that is bad for the trade, any trade. Keeping cost down is a part of business, but at some point the MSOs and primes have to stop just looking out for themselves and start looking at what their actions do to the trade as a whole.

Competition is great. But you want consumers to be able to make their decisions by getting the best of each product. Low rates keep the more experienced and talented techs away, which means a consumer is more likely not to experience the best of a product and will probably look to other avenues away from the trade. Low rates also create an enviroment where new good talent is hard to develop. The rates may attract a decent caliber of people but will only retain the desperate, and not the best. ANd once those who are desperate get back on their feet, they will leave and the revolving door will just keep going. High turnover will produce a trade where 3 years is like having 20yrs in other trades. By the sound of this thread this day may have already come.

Luckily for MSOs in cable & sat, they compete with each other and both are taking the same path and consumers are getting about the same level service. But once the RBOCs or some other company comes in with the real way of doing business, and start to attract and retain the best talent, I think the others will change. But on the other hand, if the RBOCs take on the attitude and business model of cable and sat ( which I strongly doubt), things will continue to go down until either the consumer or the installers says "enough is enough".
This is CABL.com posting #179915. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUX1
Posted in reply to: Re: Where's The Experience Anymore by KODIAKSQ
There are 0 replies to this message