Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Experienced Pro's Only.. ?

Hello and welcome! I like you a lot. This is a question that I think about all of the time myself and is something I definitely would like to change. I have always been a problem solver, like you. I have a problem, and think of a solution , then take care of it so I can live a worry free life of moving forward. It used to be, that when someone called me, I would call them back immediately with an answer or solution. Then, one day I started having problems with my system.

I noticed that because I have to rely on other people to get things done, I could not call people back right away. This is bothering me beyond reason. I will do my job to the best of my ability, but when we move into the part where other people have to get involved, my work comes to a screeching halt! I call, and leave messages, I e-mail, over and over, and within a few days, and sometimes weeks, I finally finish up, having to apologize, and suffering from heartburn, lack of sleep, and, painful irritated ulcers.

I am so glad that I am not the only one that quick and decisive action is the only way to get things done in this ever changing world where it truly is every man for himself. I started to think that maybe, I was just too uptight or was too pushy. I try to make sure I am pleasant and professional, even PC, to make things go smoothly. Why are we a dying breed?

I too would LOVE to know why everyone else in the world thinks that kind of behavior (dragging their feet) is appropriate in business, or in life in general for that manner. I wonder if they worry and stress out like I do. I wonder if the thought crosses their min at all. Are they really, that busy? Meetings have breaks. This is after all a wireless and mobile work force. We all have cell phones, computers, fax machines, over night delivery. I wonder how they would fare if we went back in time to when, we had to mail things, and had to be in the office to return calls?(nono)

Good luck to you. If I run across anything in your area, I will remember you. I like your thinking, even though we never met.(clap)
This is CABL.com posting #179574. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUSw
Posted in reply to: Experienced Pro's Only.. ? by coxsat
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Experienced Pro's Only.. ? Wife of a cable guy 11/22/2006 2:27:00 PM