Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: To The Hacks and Ghost Billers

Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think the industry needs to be overhauled with a professional QC nationwide! And I'm not talking about nitt pickin people's work, because everyone makes mistakes once in awhile. The cable companys and Primes need to fork out the extra money to pay professional techs, who know what they're doing, to go out and QC the work as it's been done. Or maybe someone should start a professional QC team and contract them out to sweep the nation. A few months of that and I bet you'll see alot of hacks disappear, and the cable pro's will be back in demand for decent money. It doesn't make sense to pay a hack to do something, and then have to repay a professional to go back and do it again, because the hack done took his pay and ran off to do it somewhere else. Seems like alot of wasted money. Could just take the money being paid out to hacks and split it between professional QC's and techs, and whaala....the job is done right. And I don't mean to hire someone and train them to QC. Hire real cablemen who have been doing it for years and compensate them properly. In the long run they'll be saving alot of money and bringing the pay scale back to what it should be for the real cabledawgs. A few years ago I actually met some kids raking in the dough and couldn't understand how they were out sweepin my old man who had 20 years in the business. Come to find out, these kids were only going out and taking a couple of pictures and then putting all the other info. into their meters through their computers. This is another example of why only professional techs should be hired and compensated for supervisor or management jobs! The supervisor on that particular job was a pencil pusher who didnt know the difference. He was told, but by time he saw through the B.S. and comprehended what was going on, the kids had moved on ($50,000 richer) and doing it somewhere else. The Prime had to pay again for some one else to actually go do the work.
This is CABL.com posting #179264. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUNw
Posted in reply to: To The Hacks and Ghost Billers by deleted
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: To The Hacks and Ghost Billers RCITN 11/16/2006 11:32:00 PM