Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Are there any good companies left

i'm a hack for not going broke in the slow months? i'm a hack for going back to a contractor that needs people right now when the other contractor has more guys than work? i'm a hack because i get the jobs done and don't demand money for things that make my day easier and make me more money? i'm not sure you know what a hack is. if you want to ride the roller coaster then that is your perogative and i'm behind you. if i don't have to starve i'm not going to. i'm a contractor. i work for myself and no one is going to take care of me if i don't. i could have stayed where i was and take advances on money. but i don't have to. because i have a good reputation for doing good work i can go back to the prime i started with. and when i left the last contract it was with a handshake a promise to pay me when the check would have come even if i'd stayed and an assurance that any time i want to come back the door is open. i let them know 2 weeks in advance that i was looking for other work and asked what kind of notice or special arrangements it might take to let them know that it was business and that i wasn't going to slack on my way out. they told me that they didn't need any notice at all, but i gave them a week all the same. you can call me a hack all you want. but i've never been accused of that from anyone that has ever worked with me and i won't lose sleep if you want to follow me from thread to thread and call me a hack. as for a guy dying under a house, it happens. people get killed crossing the street, but since it makes things easier and faster and has to get done so many times a day people do it and don't ask for $50 either. i guess if your scared say your scared and refuse to do it. i take my precautions, make my judgements and if it is best for me then i do it. if not then i refuse it.

if your the one that was bitching about an attic crawl taking 30 minutes for one outlet and i said that you might be a hack, then i stand by that. i can drop and pull 4 wallfishes in that time.

good luck and i hope you win your battle to get paid just to enter an attic or a sub floor.

lostintx (aka hack)(nod)
This is CABL.com posting #179167. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mULX
Posted in reply to: Re: Are there any good companies left by peanutbutterjely
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Are there any good companies left peanutbutterjely 11/16/2006 11:16:00 AM
Re: Are there any good companies left primebusiness 11/15/2006 11:56:00 PM