Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Are there any good companies left

i just started back with a good company, but the pay got cut and maybe that's their fault or just the industry. i just left a company i think is good, but they owe me $4000. the money isn't late yet and i'm waiting to judge them until then to see if they keep their word of not holding my money. but i still bitch. every day. prices drop and it doesn't matter how good they were to me yesterday when today i'm exhausted and know i could have made twice as much than i did if x,y, and z hadn't efffed up at the wrong time. i bitch on here when that's what i need because this is a good place for it. my wife and kids may care how my day went, but they don't need to hear about it day and night. it stresses them out when i bitch, whine and rant. i get it out here because i know that there isn't one person on this board (with any experience) that can't relate. sometimes i get a response that helps, and sometimes i get a response that just makes me angrier. and that helps too. the wierd fact is this: no one can relate to a cable guy's life like another cable guy. i can't explain why, but this job becomes a lifestyle.

i try to be postive when it comes out, and you all know that somedays are just winners and you can't help but bubble. most days out there aren't that way. that's what all of the bitching is about i'd say. as for all the people not getting paid, it hasn't ever happened to me yet. i've had checks delayed by the mail or by a holliday, but not just because i was working for thieves. i've watched the same companies not pay a dime to 10 other people when they left. so maybe there are bad companies AND bad subs and employees. but i can guarantee you that there are a LOT OF REALLY GOOD PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDES. even now.

ps
had a good day. didn't work real hard, got off early and made decent money.
This is CABL.com posting #179096. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUKO
Posted in reply to: Are there any good companies left by fedupdawg1
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Are there any good companies left peanutbutterjely 11/14/2006 8:10:00 PM
Re: Are there any good companies left bushmaster 11/14/2006 8:05:00 PM
Re: Are there any good companies left peanutbutterjely 11/14/2006 7:58:00 PM