Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Techs Beware!!!

"To call people who do the job correct a hack"

Nahhh. I wouldn't call an installer who crawls through cat piss, open sewage, and dead rats in a crawlspace, or hazardous dust and loose beams in an attic, a hack, I would call him a sucker, if he did it for free that is. Think about it: $10 freaking dollars, and someone is willing to spend 30 minutes of their life crawling on their knees, in the dark, in either of those scenarios. Do you think Mickey D's requires the same?

Look, there is no argument here. If contracters and/or MOA's don't want to pay a fee on top of the insulting rates that exist to run a line, period, never mind through an attic or crawlspace, then let them hire those that do. Quality installers won't or won't want to, installers without alternatives will. And isn't that what this field has come down to?

Isn't that the exact reason our industry has a lowering percentage of quality technicians and a rising quantity of hacks?

In my opinion, oh YEAH!

BTW, if you personally ask me to run a line through an attic when we both know the initial line charge is already an insult, I will ask you poiltely to go screw yourself.
This is CABL.com posting #178954. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUIw
Posted in reply to: Re: Techs Beware!!! by SATMAN/MEMPHIS
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Techs Beware!!! voices 11/12/2006 9:26:00 PM
Re: Techs Beware!!! lostintx 11/12/2006 8:55:00 PM