Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Just wondering if anyone has .....?

half the satellite guys i know do this. as subs, most of them have their signage on their truck "xxx installation services" or whatever with a listing of what they do "hdtv antennas, plasma mount, home theater, cable/satellite/phone wiring underneath for example and they usually have whatever service providers that they actually work for whether dtv or dish or whatever......some of them have equipment or a retail authorization, but most actually do the sale and referral through one of the retailers that they do work for for the new accounts get the sale and the install and any customer work beyond the scope of work from the provider. an ad in the yellow pages does wonders for one guy i know. you are right in assuming that customers would frequently prefer a third party to handle things, and for some reason they are willing to pay more to the third party than say the service provider. magnetic door signs, business cards, and a yellow pages ad don't cost that much. one installer i know just got a contract to do the home theater in prewired homes after the customer moves in. he doesn't have to run much cable and gets paid from the builder......it's a service they offer in their upper end homes, figured into the home loan. you just have to be persistent and it might not hurt to start small. good luck
This is CABL.com posting #178926. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUH4
Posted in reply to: Just wondering if anyone has .....? by Shadowman
There are 0 replies to this message