Create your free account now! Sign up

when to judge a company.........

today was my last job with the current prime, i'm going back to cable to the prime that taught me most of what i know on monday. it's taken a lot of thought and stress to do so, but money is money and winter is hard so i'm hoping this is the right choice. but i still haven't made up my mind on the people i'm leaving. there is alwasy the bs associated with contracts and i don't EVER take ANYTHING quietly so i'm sure i've ranted more than once about their policies, but over all SO FAR they've been good to work for i guess. i was promised two weeks ago that they wouldn't hold any of my money for ANY length of time, but when i told them i was starting a new job on monday i kinda felt the air chill a lil. i guess what i'm waiting on (to see if i'll ever go back to them) is how they handle their promise not to hold my money. i've not shirked my duty to do quality work going so far as to wait 2 hours today for a customer when they INSISTED (for the first time ever) that since i had an eta i couldn't door tag the job. anyone else ever had things change real quick when they announced they were leaving? i guess in the end you can't judge a contract until you are gone. i'd really hate to see these people turn out to be thieves. i just don't like the way they've acted since i told them for sure that i was leaving. tomorrow i will be making copies of all their posted "mandatory meetings" and "mandatory start times" and all the other memo's of rules they have/have tried to enforce just in case. i'd really hate to start a war over $4000 but once again, money is money, and winter is hard. good luck to you all from now until march, april, or may depending on what you do and where you live.
This is CABL.com posting #178888. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUHs
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: when to judge a company......... lostintx 11/29/2006 12:02:00 AM
Re: when to judge a company......... slimhefty 11/11/2006 7:56:00 PM