Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Vote...some people are meant to be followers

Asvfar as sovereinty the country started as a Republic. Democratic republic was what it became through the Jeffersonians. The constitution itself was written with a handful of landowners and a few wealthy folks as it's leaders. The bill of rights is what made the constitution acceptable to your every day joe blow. The most important paper ever written by anyone associated with this great country was the Declaration of Independence, not the constitution. The constitution gave power to the few, the bill of rights amended that constitution to extend more rights to the people. Now we spend a lot of dough, if you have it, to defend what we perceive to be our rights! More dough=more rights! You got to go back a little further than your federalist papers and understand the progression or chain of eventd so to speak before you attempt to educate anyone! Later, Mike M. P.S. I hate history, always have, bores me gives me a headache! If it didn't i may have been tempted to be a Politician and then where would i be?!! Later, Mike M.
This is CABL.com posting #178829. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUGv
Posted in reply to: Re: Vote...some people are meant to be followers by warrenrf
There are 0 replies to this message