Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: strike against connect & ironwood for non resp

really all of the free install stuff is killing the business and not just for the installers. when the customer is promised so much for free only to find out that a year after the contractor's warranty (that means lots of free work) is up then all of a sudden the customer is hit with a choice of 5 bucks a month or a $100 trouble call to fix the system they are going to be pissy and lots of times jump to the next provider. it is a constant circle with a lot of subs. but when i go to a customer who actually PAID for their equipment and their first install, they STILL have that equipment working, or have dealt with several replacements that didn't work. it's like a rental car once the customer is expecting all of this FREE, FREE, FREE. did you ever get the oil changed in your rental car? i was at a job where the customer was wanting lots of mirrors on top of the free install of four rooms and wallfishes.......they kept threatening to call dish and kept saying "go ahead", but the home theater guy comes in, tells them it's going to be $400 to install a couple of speakers on the ceiling and drop those two lines down the wall, and customer just wrote a check........i said something to him and he hit the nail on the head, "when i come out here they expect to pay me, when you come out here they expect you to pay THEM" turns out he'd gotten out a few years back for that very reason.
This is CABL.com posting #178738. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUE2
There is 1 reply to this message