Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: frequency to channel mappings....

the problem is dual tuner receivers. one receiver works two televisions independent of each other. problem is only one tv can use channel 3 or 4. the second tv has to use a channel such as air 22 or cable 73......the problem is that older tv's don't tune these channels like the receiver requires for some reason. in other words you can't make both televisions work without either moving the receiver to the other room which is frequently not a good option either because you need the receiver in a media room or living room where an optical cable is required for the surround sound system to work off of the receiver, or you can't get a new rg-6 line to the location where the cusotmer has an existing pre-wired 59 line (suitable for connections between the receiver and the tv, but NOT the dish and the receiver) or you are talking about a dvr which spins up at night to download updates and you are then getting pissy customers calling you at 7am saying they want it moved right now because it woke them up and they couldn't get back to sleep. the only way around getting a new tv is giving the customer a free remote control that is worth $32 (remember this is satellite and either the customer or the installer has to pay for anything not already in the box) so my hope here, other than just to satisfy my curiousity and have a better line of bs for the customer, is to either figure out a free solution and to identify problems before i'm stuck with either a rewire or 2 tc's back to tell the husband and wife on seperate occasions what i told them at the install.
This is CABL.com posting #178631. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUDj
Posted in reply to: Re: frequency to channel mappings.... by Splicer Life 4me
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: frequency to channel mappings.... Splicer Life 4me 11/8/2006 9:36:00 PM