Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Who's The Better Man or Woman

it's not the install where the money is the factor.....2.5 hours average for a 4 room that pays 150? not bad, free wallfishes and pole mounts are a load of crap which deserves it's own discussion so i won't go into it here, it's the "contractor's are responsible for all service interruptions for 12 months" part that sucks.....if the install was done 2 weeks ago......before the customer has had time to figure things out.......then you are running trouble calls when they get the tv on the wrong input or channel, or when the finally get their dsl installed and it prevents the box from dialing out and you are going out to tell them to get some phone filters for the boxes..........that's where it can take a toll.......the other part would be what i'm going through now which is that if it isn't a new connect or a mover, most of the work is upgrades where an in-house tech did the install so poorly that i either have to do a completely new install for upgrade prices or refuse the job.........i generally refuse the job and lose the little bit of money because my installs are so heavily scrutinized by the qc guys, and i've made a personal decision not to be wiping the a$$'s of people that don't give a blank about their work. the faster they get it together or quit the better off everyone involved will be.
This is CABL.com posting #178346. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUyI
Posted in reply to: Re: Who's The Better Man or Woman by nrb1
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Who's The Better Man or Woman Cfish7501 11/3/2006 5:45:00 PM