Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Who's The Better Man or Woman

i've done both, but i would personally say that sat is harder. it's not that there is anything difficult about it, but the specs or at teast the qc's have recently gotten much harder, which means that to go to a job where a guy moved out a month ago with dish and now i'm doing a "new connect" is actually harder because i have to replace all of the 59, take down the old dish on the roof (that was perfectly sealed and peaked wonderfully) and put it on the facia board, plus removing the 3:4 switch. i had one today, the customer wanted to match the same setup the previous owner had going............i had to tell them that the difference in tehcnololgy and standards would probably cost them about 300 bucks when dish was done with them.............they'll probably go to cable, be unhappy with the picture quality or the price and come back as soon as the "introductory" price goes away. churn sux, but i'm beginning to think it will be the savior of the tech. it's an upside down business and there's no hope except to keep working.............as for your original question..........i find more hack jobs in satellite than in cable...cable paid to fix them, dish doesn't, the hack jobs survive to get fixed by the next guy waiting on his first check, i fixed my share before i realized it didn't profit. my new connects and movers however are spotless and exceed dns standards. the rest i'll take the chargeback before i lose money and time to wipe someone elses a$$.
This is CABL.com posting #178242. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUw2
Posted in reply to: Who's The Better Man or Woman by atech
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Who's The Better Man or Woman nrb1 11/1/2006 9:42:00 PM