Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Brewster-Out of Business?

1. Collecting $80-$100 per week for the exact same worthless $2500 per person per year deductable spouse and/or family insurance coverage that other companies are able to offer for only $50 per month.
2. Setting quotas on service techs then routing them so there is no way for them to fulfill the quota, resulting in them not getting fully paid for the work they did.
3. Sending out experienced piece rates techs to repair the screw ups and finish the jobs the $10 per hour former Micky D's burger flippers couldn't do, at $25 a pop.
4. Starving out and/or firing techs for exercising their legal rights to organize a union or ask for a vote on the issue.

In my area Bruister runs newspaper ads every week looking for former Micky D's employees. I see Satsouth and Barnburner around here (both Bruister execs) trying to defend the company but I have never seen any ads on the bar from Bruister looking for experienced techs. Maybe they don't want people who have worked in this industry and prefer their techs to be new and inexperienced. Inexperienced people might be the only ones they can find that will be happy making $10 per hour. Of course Sat & Burner will tell people that working for Bruister is great, but the world looks a whole lot rosier when your view of it is from over (or in their case under) a desk and not viewed from the prospective of a lowly tech who spends his days crawling under, over and through every type of home imanginable (from trailers to mansions, bug infested, dirty and moldy shacks out in the middle of BFE to nice new construstion in upscale gated communities). Sat & Burner will say $10-$15 per hour is a fair wage for tech work, but they probably wish they could get away paying less. And as for the big $$$'s they earn, what do you bet they feel it is too little? Oh, how they suffer so.
This is CABL.com posting #178183. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUv5
Posted in reply to: Re: Brewster-Out of Business? by SatSouth
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Brewster-Out of Business? tawvin 11/2/2006 6:51:00 PM
Re: Brewster-Out of Business? SatSouth 11/1/2006 11:59:00 AM
Re: Brewster-Out of Business? SatSouth 11/1/2006 11:39:00 AM