Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: just wondering......

in response to the "learn enough spanish to do an install" thing, that's great. i can get through the install just fine. but let's face it.....half the customers i install hd dvr's for don't know what i'm talking about when i try to explain the system in our common language. so how in the hell am i supposed to learn enough spanish to make them understand. there was a time when if the sub didn't speak english, they were at least nervous about raising a stink, now they DEMAND a spanish tech. it took me 10 minutes to talk my way into the house today (had the 9 yr old daughter translate) they just didn't get the fact that they were stuck with me for 12 months or until i quit my current contract (whichever comes first) since i did the install and have to cover their ignorant a$$ under warranty. people catering to these people is only making the matter worse. i have decided to have at least half of my plain white work shirts printed with "no hablo espanol".........there is an add on my tv right now for dish latino. .........i hate dish.
This is CABL.com posting #177837. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUqv
Posted in reply to: Re: just wondering...... by Wife of a cable guy
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: just wondering...... Dcableservices 10/25/2006 6:19:00 AM