Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HD Dish

standard dishnetwork hd install would be a dish 1000 with the 110, 119, 129 orbitals...........the alternate is a two dish system 110,119, and 61.5 off the must carry. this is also a good setup for hd plus international such as ztv+seti (indians and pakistanis) where you would otherwise be using a dish 1000 plus either the 148 orbital or the 61.5 orbital.........thus requiring 2 groundblocks and a 44 switch instead of just a dpp and a dual on 2 dishes.

a lot of people think that the 61.5 is missing hd channels like it does on some of the international channels. this is incorrect......every installer i know that has hd dishnetwork uses the 2 dish install with 61.5 because the signal is MUCH higher, this could be a software bug with the 129 orbital or it may just be more reliable, but i find the higher signal readings to be more reassuring, with the added benefit that even though a storm may kill 110 and 110, 61.5 is so much farther to the east that it has to be an ENORMOUS storm to kill all three orbitals, i have an off air through the 622 to keep the locals going in hd in the worst storms, and a cable back up split from my modem in my bedroom for my locals plus all of expanded basic and the analog premiums in my bedroom just because the cable company removed my traps on the last trouble call (would have done it myself except i'm not a thief), but now i've digressed.
This is CABL.com posting #177827. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUql
Posted in reply to: Re: HD Dish by Techee10
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: HD Dish fundude101 10/26/2006 1:35:00 PM