Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: employee pay

Each state has different rules but generally, employees must be paid their wages on the regularly established pay cycles, although in some states, if you are terminated the employer is required to pay the termed employee in full upon termination.

The only legal wage adjustments that I am familiar with are verifiable mis-billed codes and bonus related compensation. In many states, employees can also be held liable for lost or destroyed tools such as meters and the like but only if the policy is plainly stated in an employee handbook or similar documentation. Abuse of communication device usage resulting in overage charges can also be charged to an employee, for example minutes on a cell phone provided for company use but abused to the point that the plan goes into overage can be "charged back" to the employee. Only the overage minutes could be charged and not the base plan cost in such a situation.

Health benefit costs are also chargeable to an employee’s last check if the policy of the company is not 100% paid coverage.

Employees generally cannot be charged back for poor quality work related issues.

I am NOT an expert in this area so I always defer to the Employer’s Association for any state in which we work.
This is CABL.com posting #177462. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUks
Posted in reply to: employee pay by horizoncableinc
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: employee pay lganz 10/22/2006 2:45:00 PM