Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bad Installs (hackers)

my shop sometimes goes to the top and sometimes to the middle, i didn't understand at first, but after talking to some guys i now get it.........my work doesn't change that much......i mean somedays it's 3 or 4 nc's a day (i'm fine with $300 off of 2 4 bangers a day) and somtimes it's 3 service calls and a new connect. my days end the same and i make roughly the same money because i don't screw with last man out since i left cable unless it's something that's going to come back on our shop. but even in cable there were ways to make your money on the last man out (on my contracts that is) reconnect rewires paid more than newconnects, but you couldn't charge for existing a/o's. you could charge for installing NEW (i.e replacing or cleaning up a/o's) billing is a scam. if you play by the rules you are gonna lose. if you bill falsely you will lose your job and last check. if you bill for all you can and at the end of the day your jobs work, and don't look like the day after a new year's party you'll generally be fine. if your prices don't reflect the work you put in think about leaving. i do dish and what i do doesn't reflect in my billing from one job to the next 4 rooms that take an hour and a half pay the same as 4 rooms that take 7 hours. but at the end of the day it all balances out and i make a good check every week.
This is CABL.com posting #177213. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUgr
Posted in reply to: Re: Bad Installs (hackers) by oldschooldbstech
There are 0 replies to this message